Applying for a school place

In-year transfers

If you have just re-located to Liverpool and your children need to transfer to a local school, you will need to complete an in-year transfer. In year transfer is the term used when children transfer from one school to another school during the academic year.

Find out more about the in-year transfer process.

Applying for a primary school reception place

If your child is four years old before September, you can apply online for a place in a reception class when the council's application process opens. You child must attend school from the beginning of the school year following their 5th birthday.

Applying for a secondary school (year 7) place

If your child is due to transfer from primary to secondary school, you can apply online when the council's application process opens.

Find out more about the school admission process and how to apply.

Pupil premium

If your child or children have already been recorded with another school as a service child from autumn 2016 onwards, don’t forget to tell the new school. Even though you have now left service your child’s school is still entitled to claim a Service Pupil Premium for up to six years, whilst the child is in reception to Year 11.

A Pupil Information Profile has recently been introduced under the Armed Forced Covenant. This means that service children’s information will be transferring more quickly between schools, but still tell the school your child/children were registered at a previous school.

Useful links

In-year transfers

School admissions

Pupil Premium

Find a school