Attention! Liverpool is preparing to salute its Armed Forces community in style this year as it launches its best-ever Armed Forces Week.
Not only will civic buildings be lit up red, white and blue from 24-30 June, Liverpool City Council’s culture team has been working with businesses and organisations in the city to offer serving members of the regular and reserve forces, veterans, and their families a whole host of offers to say an extra-special “thank you”.
Over 50 offers are available including:
- Stores and restaurants throughout Liverpool ONE
- Liverpool BID
- The Marriot Hotel
- Royal Albert Dock Liverpool
- The Beatles Story
- Cavern City Tours
- Mattel Play
For the full list of current offers please visit www.armedforcesdayliverpool.com . Please check the terms and conditions as these differ between individual offers.
As well as being able to treat the family throughout the week, there will also be the traditional events on Armed Forces Day, Saturday 29 June:
- 10.30-11am – Drumhead Service at Our Lady and St Nicholas Parish Church (attendance is by invitation only)
- 11.15am – Tri-service parade led by the Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines Scotland to the gates of the Royal Albert Dock Liverpool where the event will be officially opened by Lord Mayor of Liverpool Cllr Peter Brennan
- 10am-4pm- Military exhibition at Royal Albert Dock Liverpol.
The Royal Albert Dock Liverpool event will feature military assets as well as the 208 Field Hospital with battlefield ambulance, the RNLI’s virtual reality experience, the Medical Memories Roadshow , and a replica First World War Boy Scout ambulance.
There will also be performances from school and community choirs, face painting on board the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Bus, National Museums Liverpool will showcase items from their military collections, and the Western Approaches will be bringing items from the Second World War.
During the week you will also be able to find out more about Liverpool’s Armed Forces community, including reservists and cadets, thorough a series of blogs that will posted on www.cultureliverpool.co.uk/category/blog/ To keep up to date follow @CultureLPool or use #ArmedForcesDayLiverpool and #saluteourforces